Troubleshooting programs and applications.
- never delete a program.
-use ADD and REMOVE program utility. (this is because deleting a program only removes it from windows explorer)but is still there.
- go to start,control panel,add or remove program,choose remove.
-add also allows you to add programs from CD or from windows.
- windows components - add or remove windows components.
- set program access and defaults - four configuration settings. leave it at custom incase you have non-microsoft programs running.
- ctrl +alt+delete.
- control applications. shutdown an application by END TASK.
-only the not responding application will be closed.
-can also stop viruses.
-set priority of an application.
- also shows performance of computer. (physical memory, kernel,commit charge,totals)
- if commit charge is bigger than physical memory,you need to upgrade the RAM.
-networking - shows you the networking activities.
- access through run-line.
-general (normal,diagnostics,selective startups)Also launch system repair from here.
-BOOT.INI-should not be edited,only when changing the operating system.
-services - allows you to disable services causing problems.
-startup- programs that startup first. Deselect programs bring problems.
- control panel + Admin tools > services utility.
- check it services started automatically or manually.change the services start.
- stop then start again a program as a troubleshooting solution.
- control panel + Admin tools - EVENT VIEWER.
-logs (application,security and system)
- Application log - information,warning,error
-system log- information,warning,error
- security log - failure and success,only available when editted.
COMPARING LANs AND WANs.
LANs & WANs
peer-to-peer client -server
- 10 or fewer computers....