1. The naval blockade
2. Reconstruction ended because of the compromise of 1877 after the civil war after the country rebuilt itself after the civil war reconstruction was no longer necessary.
3. They thought it was contradicting the 10th Amendment
4. More crime, protests, and marches.
5. They were used to keep the newly-freed African Americans from voting.
6. It provided more accessible trading and immigration.
7. By hunting animals and building shelter.
8. The theory that individuals, groups, and peoples are subject to the same Darwinian laws of natural selection as plants and animals.
11. Most were Jews trying to rid Hitler of his rule.
13. Boss Tweed was an infamous figure in New York politics that dominated New York City in the mid-1800s, and essentially controlled the Democratic Party in New York during his years in power. He is often pointed to as an iconic figure of corruption and ruthlessness.
14. Upton Sinclair exposed the horrific conditions of the meat industry in America during the early 1900s. Roosevelt had Congress pass the Meat Inspection Act
15. To expand their territory, gain access to other resources and spread Christianity.
17. On November 6, 1903, Panama and the U.S. signed the Hay-Banau-Varilla Treaty, allowing the U.S. to build and operate the Canal forever. The canal officially opened on July 12, 1920.
19. In November 1912, Russia was humiliated because of its inability to support Serbia during the Bosnian crisis of 1908 or the First Balkan War, and announced a major reconstruction of its military. The killing of Archduke leads Austria-Hungary to invade Serbia, which was where the assassin was from. This caused Russia to come to Serbia's aid. Germany then declared war on Russia to back up its ally, A-H. France then declared war on A-H and Germany to back up its ally, Russia. England then declared war to back up its allies, France and...