Stroop Effect- Research Investigation
Title (1 mark)
Introduction (6 marks)
* Summary of results of previous research on the topic (2-3 sentences) pg. 96
* State the IV (mention all four conditions)
* State the DV
Method (4 marks)
* How many participants? Who was our sample?
* How did we recruit/select them?
* What did we use?
* What exactly did you do? (Write this out in numbered steps)
* Include a description of how the IV (independent variable) was manipulated
* Include word-for-word the instructions given to participants
* There should be enough detail here so that someone else could replicate the investigation
Results (3 marks)
* Include your table, and a descriptive title, e.g. Table 1: Participants’ responses
* Include the means/averages for each condition
* Include a few sentences describing the trend of results
Discussion (6 marks)
* State a conclusion [A conclusion is a statement about whether the hypothesis was supported or rejected on the basis of the results obtained.]
* Explain the theory behind the results (i.e. WHY did we get these results)
* Compare the results of this study to those from previous research. (Is it consistent or contradictory?)- look at what you summarised in your introduction
* Can the findings be generalised? (i.e. would you expect the results of this study to be the same, or similar, to the wider population?)- Why/why not?
* Are there any extraneous variables influencing our results? What are they?
* Suggest how we could control these is the experiment was done again (i.e. how the study could be improved)
* Are there any ethical issues relevant to this investigation?
RESEARCH REPORT – Stroop Effect
Student Name: ____________________
Criteria Available Marks