Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Socio Final Essay

  • Submitted by: janemm
  • on April 1, 2014
  • Category: Psychology
  • Length: 475 words

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Socio Final" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Max Gold
Professor Jailer
Take-Home final
12/18/13

  1. The answer to this question has changed greatly after the revolutionary war. The group that has the most political power in the USA is the people who control the social, economic, political and the military institutions. The people who had control over these institutions changed over the years, just like the presidents of the United States of America has changed. Until the downfall of the Congressional caucus of 1824 much seem to stay the same. The time that followed Jefferson or the early 19thcentury, “the economic, political and military orders fitted loosely into the great scatter of the American social structure.” During the 19thcentury, the ‘elite’ or selected few became a variety of top groups, each in turn quite loosely made it up to the top. Change happened again from when Jefferson was in office to when Lincoln was in office and when the top was at the most a loose association. This was due to division of the North and South. Change happened again when going into Congressional elections of 1866. This was an important change who had the political power due the Supreme Court ruling on the 14th Amendment. The 14 Amendment is citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws. This change happened again when World War One started. Changes continued throughout history. One thing remains the same and that was the elite. Only few held the political power.
  2. Is there a social problem with the distribution of wealth and income in the United States? There is a social problem with the distribution of wealth and income in the US. There is a social problem with the distribution of wealth. Wealth is highly concentrated in very few hands. The rich are 1% of the population while the middle class and the poor made up the other 99%. “As of 2007, the top 1 percent of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business...

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Socio Final". Anti Essays. 13 Dec. 2018

<http://trenmayamx.com/free-essays/Socio-Final-602939.html>

APA Citation

Socio Final. Anti Essays. Retrieved December 13, 2018, from the World Wide Web: http://trenmayamx.com/free-essays/Socio-Final-602939.html