Take note of the following:
* There should always be program guidelines and script to be used in any events for a clear transition;
* There should be appropriate adjectives prepared in introducing the speakers.
For the speakers & hosts:
* Establish eye contact with the audience as often as possible;
* Voice should be well modulated (not squeaky, low or loud);
* Be optimistic and smile from the heart. =)
May this script be helpful enough.
Prelude & Processional Music
* Good morning everyone, I’m (NAME), the (POSITION & DEPARTMENT), I’ll be your host for today.
* I’m delighted to be here to our 2009-2010 Commencement Exercise.
* We expect the Commencement Exercise to last approximately 2 hours.
* Before we begin this ceremony, let me remind you to turn your cell phones to silent mode and be courteous to those around you by refraining from talking aloud.
* During the presentation of graduates, we encourage you to express your pride by applauding and cheering, but the use of air horns is expressly forbidden.
* Joining me today is (NAME OF CO-HOST), (POSITION & DEPARTMENT)
* Thank you, (NAME OF CO-HOST), it’s an honor to be here to this dignified and special event, the high point of the academic year.
* Because, today we celebrate the accomplishments and academic achievements of our students.
* Therefore, as mentioned, courtesy, attention, and decorum are important and expected.
* Now, let’s all stand for the National Anthem to be led by our beautiful and talented Music teacher, (NAME).
* Thank you (NAME).
* Let’s remain standing for the Invocation. To be led by (NAME).
* That was heartwarming (NAME), thank you.
* Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my distinct privilege to introduce to you our honorable (POSITION), (NAME) for the Opening Remarks.
* Thank you (POSITION). Now, (NAME OF...