DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (SERVICE QUALITY MANAGEMENT)
Give your comment on this statement (TRUE/FALSE)
1. Quality is not only products and services but also includes people, processes, and the environment.
2. Joseph M. Juran is best known for the Seven Deadly Diseases (correction: Juran’s quality trilogy)
3. Today’s consumers define quality as being flawless and having all of the attributes they want in just the way they want them.
4. The Six Sigma is a new filed separate from the total quality philosophy
5. U.S companies, mistakenly seeing quality as the issue, learned that quantity was the key to success in the global marketplace
6. The need to improve an organization’s financial condition correlated directly with the process of making and measuring quality improvements
7. A nation's ability to compete in the global marketplace has a direct bearing on the quality of life of its citizens.
8. The only way the U.S. can overcome business-related inhibitors is for the government to enact policies that will reduce non-value-added costs to a minimum
9. In order to be an exporter, a manufacturer must be able to outperform foreign competitors in terms of both quality and productivity.
10. In order to survive in a globally competitive environment, organizations must adopt a broad strategy that gives them a sustainable competitive advantage.
11. Mindshifters are creative thinkers who look at their organization’s business environment from a different perspective, challenge outdated paradigms that no longer work, and prod defenders of the status quo
12. SWOT Analysis is the only step needed in the strategic planning process
13. An organization's vision is a specific measurable goal it tries to achieve.
14. Change that is inflicted on employees will be resisted, but change that is engendered by employees who are involved in and prepared for it will be accepted and promoted
15. Morality refers to the values that are subscribed...