• Scientific Report Writing
- For the journal article called ‘Childhood Obesity and Self- Esteem, I will be describing the writing style used in this scientific report writing on this article.
- The journal article ‘Childhood Obesity and Self-Esteem’ is written as a report in which is mostly used to show what the outcomes of an analysis, experimentation or survey is. The method that is being used is precise as well as it not only focuses on the results of an issue but it also shows if the data being gathered could be either quantitative or qualitative. For example, the results from Page 2 (Table 1) on its statistics show that roughly 17% of their illustrated population.
- Quotations are being used by the author in this assignment such as “There is no doubt that obesity is an undesirable state of existence for a child. It is even more undesirable for an adolescent, for whom even mild degrees of overweight may act as a damaging barrier in a society obsessed with slimness” by Hilde Bruche in 1975, to which she shows how obesity is adverse because the society is preoccupied with being thin. The author uses a quote as it places the reader/audience in a much better spot to know the importance of what is being presented in the rest of the report.
- A references’ purpose on an article is for the author/writer/publisher to acknowledge the individuals that they’ve got the pieces of work from, so that they’ll be able to show that the information being given is relevant and reliable. However, the author did provide a reference list to back up all their research by making sure that all the references are written or typed at the end of the piece of research that the author has made.
Language and Structure
- Grammar and Syntax, the writing style that has been used for this journal is grammatically correct as well as having no grammatical errors. For example, ‘decreasing levels of self-esteem in obese children were associated with significantly...