1. I do believe CRASH is an important unit that needed to be created in order to understand how gangs worked from the inside.
2. There should not be a different recruiting or supervision of a unit like this because working a dangerous job like this calls for people that have been involved with crime in their past and already have an understanding of what it is like. These certain people also call for a great amount of street smarts to go along with their professionalism.
3. What I thought of the officers giving each other plaques for shooting or wounding suspects is that it is a wrong thing to do. As a cop you never want to have to kill or shoot someone, but when you do it should not be a rewarding feeling.
4. If these scandals were happening in my city I would feel unsafe, and would not be able to trust the police.
5. No, I would not trust the police in my city after this. Unless they hired a whole new staff and addressed the public about their changes.
6. Yes, I believe the punishment fits the crime.
7. Given the CRASH scandal, I do believe that the unit worked effectively because the police still got to know how the gangs worked from the inside, and still received a lot of useful information.
8. I do still believe there is a need for crash because gangs could be changing their tactics and ways of doing things all the time, and we need to stay on top of it.
9. I do believe it is ok for cops to bend the rules when working with gangs because if they play everything by the book they will blow their cover.