* 1 .A software routine, which also acts as a filter that blocks certain type of incoming and outgoing traffic, while enabling other types is called a _firewall.
* 2. The network sharing tool provides a central access point for all of the network controls and connections on a computer running Windows 7.
* 3. A device that connects one network to another is called a _router.
* 4. The most common method for illustrating the operations of a networking stack is the _OSI, which consists of 7 layers.
* 5. Protocols that do not guarantee delivery of their data, but do operate with a very low overhead that conserve network bandwidth are called a connectionless protocol.
* 6. The Windows 7 command-line utility that can tell you if the TCP/IP stack of another system on the network is functioning normally is called pingexe.
* 7. The Windows 7 command-line utility that enables you to generate DNS request messages and then transmit them to specific DNS servers on the network is called ns lookupexe.
* 8. Most networks use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol to dynamically assign addresses and configure computers to use them.
* 9. The Windows 7 utility that displays a list of the routers currently forwarding packets to a particular destination is called Tracert.exe. .
* 10. The top and bottom layers of the OSI model are called the application and physical layers.
True / False
Circle T if the statement is true or F if the statement is false.
T | F | 1. | The purpose of Network Diagnostics is to display error messages only. |
T | F | 2. | Transport layer protocols are not concerned with addressing packets to the correct system. |
T | F | 3. | The Network Map utility uses a new protocol called Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) to discover information about the network and the devices attached to it. |
T | F | 4. | The protocols that Windows uses by default at the network and transport layers are collectively called TCP/IP. |
T | F |...