Maternity services and benefits
A baby bonus is a payment made in 13 installments help with cost of a child who is born or adopted under the age of 16.
To be entitled for the baby bonus for your family following the birth or adoption of a child if:
* your child is born or adopted before 1 March 2014
* you are eligible for Family Tax Benefit for the child within 26 weeks of the child's birth or after an adopted child enters your care before turning 16 years old, or
* you are claiming for a child other than your own and you started caring for the child within 26 weeks of the child's birth and are likely to continue caring for the child for at least 26 weeks, and
* you or your partner are the primary carer of the child, and
* you meet the Baby Bonus income test, and
* you meet the residence requirements, and
* you have not received Parental Leave Pay for the child, and
* you make your claim no later than 52 weeks after the birth of the child or after the adopted child enters your care
If your child was born or adopted before 1 July 2013, Baby Bonus is $5,000.
If your child was born or adopted on or after 1 July 2013 (or you became eligible for Baby Bonus on or after 1 July 2013), Baby Bonus is either $5,000 or $3,000 depending on your situation.
If you have a multiple birth (including twins), you can get $5,000 for each child even if you already have other children. This also applies if you are adopting more than one child as part of the same adoption process.
Parent leave pay
Parent leave pay is financial support for 18 weeks to help eigble parents teke time off work to care for a newborn or adopting a child.
To be eligible for parent leave pay you must:
* be the primary carer of a newborn or recently adopted child
* meet the Paid Parental Leave work test
* meet the Paid Parental Leave income test
* be on leave or not working from the time you become your child’s primary carer until the end of...