Student Wireless Connection
Windows 7 Configuration Procedure (WPA)
IMPORTANT: This document assumes that your wireless network interface card supports the WPA standard. If you are unable to connect using this method, please obtain the Windows Vista Procedure (Unsecured) from your Systems Support Technician.
1. Right-click on the wireless connection, it might also look like this.
2. Click on Open Network and Sharing Center:
3. On the Network and Sharing Center, click on “Manage Wireless Networks”, on your left-hand side. This will take you to the wireless networks that have been saved on that particular machine.
4. This is “search and destroy”. If the ITTCAMPUSWPA connection is already added to the list of safe networks, you should remove the connection – it is most likely not configured correctly.
5. Once you delete the offending connection, if any, click on the back button to return to the Network and Sharing Center. Now we will configure the connection from scratch.
6. Click on “Manually connect to a wireless network”.
7. On the next screen you will type “ITTCAMPUSWPA” for the network name and make sure “WPA-Enterprise” is selected from the drop-down list for the security type. Usually the “Start this connection automatically” is checked by default, but if it is not, go ahead and check it. Click on “Next” button.
8. On the next window click on “Change connection settings”.
9. On the Ittcampuswpa Wireless Network Properties window, make sure the “Connect automatically when this network is in range” option is checked. This automatically connects the machine to the ITT network once the device is in range. Next, click on the Security tab.
10. Under the Security tab, make sure the “Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged on.” This option is usually checked by default, but select it if it is missing the check. Now click on the Settings button.
11. On the Protected EAP...