Legislation Resource Book
* Data Protection
* Freedom of Information
* Human Rights Act
* Care Standards Act
* Sex Discrimination Act
* Race Relations Act
* Disability Discrimination Act
* Equality Act 2010
* Mental Health Act
* Mental Capacity Act
* Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
* Independent Safeguarding Authority
* Public Interest Disclosure
* Whistle Blowing and No Secrets Guidance 2000
* Local Safeguarding Adults Board
* Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
* Management of Health and Safety at Work Act Regulations 1999
* Manual Handling Regulations 1992
* Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
* Riddor (Reporting of Injuries, Dangerous Diseases Occurances Regulations) 1995
* COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) 2002
* Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
* Employment Law
* General Social Care Code of Practise
* CQC ( Care Quality Commission)
* Data Protection Act
There are 8 Principles relating to personal data and permission/consent to access information must be obtained.
* Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –
* Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
* Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
* Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
* Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
* Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
* Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful...