Land alienation Act……….
1. This act may be called the Jammu and Kashmir alienation of Land Act No. V of 1995.
2. It extends to the whole of Jammu And Kashmir State.
3. It shall come into force from the date on which, after receiving the assent of his highness The Maharaja Bhadur, it is published in the government gazette.
4. The jammu and Kashmir alienation of land regulation Nos.6 and 7 of 1990 and the Jammu alienation of land amendment regulation No. IV of 1993 shall be repealed from the date this act comes into force.
Sec .2—In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant to the subjects or context.-
1. all expressions shall, unless otherwise defined in this act,have same meaning as assigned to them in section 2 of the jammu And Kashmir tenancy act,1980, or in the section 3 of jammu and Kashmir land revenue act .Svt 1996, provided that the expressions “ record of rights and Annual record” shall have same meaning assigned to them in chapter IV of the jammu and Kashmir land revenue act Svt.1996.
2. the expression “Land “ means land which is not occupied as the site of any building in a town or village and is occupied or let for agricultural purposes or for purposes subservient to agriculture or for pasture ,and includes-
a. The sites of building and structures on such land.
b. a share in the profit of an estate or holding.
c. any dues or any fixed percentage of the land revenue payable by an inferior land-owner to
a superior land-owner.
d.a right ot receive rent.
e. any right to water enjoyed by the owner or occupier of land as such,and
f. any right of occupancy.