L3 HSC Technical Certificate unit worksheet
Unit 305 - Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
The numbers after each question relate to the assessment criteria in the standards
1. Describe person-centred approaches (1.1.1)
Work with the person and those important to them to create their own person centred plan. This tells us how they want to be supported, what the person wants to do and what they want to achieve, to enable the person to live the life that they want. Provide support in the way that the person wants and values, when they want it.
2. Explain how and why person-centred values must influence all aspects of social care work (1.1.2)
Person centred values must influence all aspects of social care work because It’s important to respect the rights of the individual to be at the centre of their own care. This means that workers must focus on what the individual wants and how they want it to be provided.
3. Explain how person-centred values should influence all aspects of social care work (1.1.3)
It is important that the rights of the individual are respected so that they are at the centre of their own care, this means that the carer must focus on what the individual wants and how they want it.
4. Explain how finding out the history, preferences, wishes and needs of an individual contributes to their care plan (2.2.1)
Finding this information out ensures you give the individual the care they need designed specifically for them, and not just a general care plan. This allows the individual to lead their life the way they would whilst still receiving the care they need, for example, if a person has religious beliefs, having this in their care plan informs the carer and allows them to continue to follow their religion.
5. Describe ways to put person centred values into practice in a complex or sensitive situation (2.2.2)
If an individual has a sensitive issue that needs to be avoided, for example, an...