What is fair trade?
* In the UK, fairtrade foundation was established in 1992, with the first product to carry the fair trade mark launch in 1994
* Fairtrade is a trading partnership that focuses on developing poorer producers, by providing better trading conditions, raising awareness of their situation, and campaigning.
* It creates opportunities for producers and workers who have been economically disadvantaged by trading system.
What is Fair trade Mark?
* The Fairtrade Mark is an independent consumer label awarded in the UK by the Fairtrade Foundation.
* It guarantees that the product fulfils Fairtrade criteria.
* The Fairtrade Mark is only available on those products which have internationally-agreed Fairtrade criteria attached to them
* It represents products which are fairtrade around the world.
* The symbol is open to interpretation-some see a parrot, some see a green leaf and others see a black swirl at the centre as a road leading to a brighter future.
Fair trade standards
* Pay at least a price to producers that cover the cost of sustainable production.
* Pre-financing for producers who require it.
* Sign contract that allow for long term planning and sustainable production practices.
How does fair trade support communities?
* It gives them better opportunities and easy way of living .
* It reduces the extreme poverty which is their main issue.
* Fair trade meets the countries needs which helps the growth of it economically .
* That means that people who fall under that poverty line the world’s population lack the ability to fulfill basic needs such as eating only one bowl of rice a day or forgoing health care when it’s needed most.
* The fair trade program is designed specifically to reach and provide a pathway out of poverty for the extreme poor.
* This means that they will have a better life and better society.
* Places such as Africa suffer from poverty...