Rajasthan State Human Rights Commission
Woman And the Law
We are grateful to our guides Sh. Janga Srinivas Rao and Dr. M.K.Devaranjan for giving us guidance, encouragement and creative momentum.
Deepa Jain mam for providing us a large measure of invaluable help at critical junctures.
We would like to express our gratitude to the peoples around us, who helped us in many other ways. Personally, we starts as a stranger and came back as a friend.
We are thankful to our friend Pratishtha, who guided us alot and like to thanks other interns.
Date :- 08/12/2011 Prakash Verma
Place :- Jaipur Dushyant Bairwa
Table of Contents
Topics Page no.
1. Introduction 1
2. Violence against women 2
3. Forms of violence against women (i) Pre natal sex selection 5 (ii) Female Infanticide 8 (iii) Sexual Abuse 15 (iv) Female Genital Mutilation 21 (v) Sexual Harassment 27 (vi) Trafficking 29 (vii) Forced Prostitution 32 (viii) Dowry Related Violence 35 (ix) Marital Violence 36 (x) Honor Killing 39
4. Other Form of Domestic Violence in India 41
5. Causes of Domestic Violence 42
6. Consequences of Domestic Violence
(i) Effect of the victim and the family 45
(ii) Effect on the productivity 47
7. Remedies of Domestic violence against women
(i) What exactly do we want 49
(ii) Fighting the domestic violence evil 49
(iii) Need for stringent laws 50
(iv) Role of NGOs 51
(v) Police and Health care 52
8. Conclusion 54
Women are often in get...