1. What are the most common cables used today? Pg 8
2. What unit of measurement is a tenfold logarithmic ratio of power output to power input? Pg 39
3. What electrical components contribute to attenuation? Pg 45
4. List the different types of crosstalk? Pg 47
Equal-Level Far-End Crosstalk
5. Which of the following organizations is part of the US government? Pg 63
a. Federal Communications Commission
b. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
c. National Fire Protection Association
d. Underwriters Laboratories
6. When it comes to cabling what is the National Fire Protection Associate (NFPA) responsible for? Pg 63
The development and publication of the National Electric Code.
7. A telecommunications room can sometimes be referred to as: pg 80
8. What is Backbone cabling and where is it used? pg 77
Cabling between equipment rooms and building entrance facilities
In a campus environment, cabling between buildings' entrance facilities
Vertical connections between floors
9. What are the commonly used network architectures used today? Pg 101
10. Which of the following is true about 10Base-T networking? Pg 111
a. The minimum length of a 10Base-T cable is 2 feet.
b. 10Base-T requires only two wire pairs of an eight-pin modular jack.
c. There is no maximum length for a 10Base-T cable.
d. All of the above
11. According to the NEC, Article 800.100, primary protectors shall be grounded: pg 147
a. If a separate grounding electrode is installed for communications, it must be
bonded to the electrical electrode system with a conductor
b. The grounding conductor shall be insulated and listed as suitable for the purpose.
c. The grounding conductor shall be attached to the...