EKUPHILENI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Ekuphileni Drop-In-Centre is a non-profit organisation whose sole purpose is to uplift disadvantaged communities through development. It seeks to address the needs of the total person e.g. spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. Ekuphileni community Development Project enjoys the full support of the communities of Steadville Township, Ladysmith, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa.
2. NAME OF ORGANIZATION
The name of the organization shall be called “Ekuphileni Community Development Project’’ hereinafter referred to as “Ekuphileni ”.
3. BODY CORPORATE
The organization shall:
• Exist in its own right, separately from its members.
• Continue to exist even when its membership changes and new office bearers move in.
• Be able to own property and other possessions
• Be able to sue and be sued in its own name.
4.1 Main Objectives
• To operate a Drop-In-Centre to provide a feeding scheme / soup kitchen for impoverished children in the community.
• To uplift communities through developing programmes that addresses the needs of children, women, elderly and people with disability.
• To promote the well-being of communities through the provision of support, counselling and assistance to people living with HIV, orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs)
• To provide spiritual, mental, emotional and physical support to impoverished communities through development.
4. 2 Ancillary Objectives
• Training and empowering communities on various life-skills.
• Empowering youth, women, the elderly and people with disabilities to fight against all sorts of poverty by becoming self-reliant.
• To promote campaigns on health awareness, HIV/AIDS education and poverty alleviation programmes.
• To embark on fundraising programmes to assist the needy members of our community.
• To network with...