INTRODUCTION TO DREAMWEAVER
DREAMWEAVER – is a professional HTML editor for designing, coding, and developing websites, webpages, and web applications. Whether you enjoy the control of hand coding HTML or prefer to work in visual editing environment, Dreamweaver provides you with helpful tools to enhance your web creation experience.
THE MACROMEDIA DREAMWEAVER WORKING ENVIRONMENT
1. MENU BAR – contains command in opening a new or existing file, importing and exporting XML, preview in browser and the like.
2. OBJECTS PANEL – contains icon you click to insert objects in your document, and to change the way you work in a document.
3. TOOLBAR – contains buttons and pop-up menus the let you view the document window in different ways, set view options and access some common operations.
4. DOCUMENT WINDOW – displays the current document as you create and edit.
5. PROPERTY INSPECTOR – displays properties for the selected objects or texts, and lets you modify those properties.
6. FLOATING PANEL – enables you to work with other Dreamweaver elements.
DEFINING LOCAL SITE
When you define a local site, you tell Dreamweaver where you plan to store all the files for particular site.
1. On the “Site” panel, on the right side of the screen, go to Site;
2. In the Site Definition Window, specify a name for your site. Type your preferred name then click “Next” to continue;
3. This time we don’t need any server technology support, so we click the first button and click “Next” to continue;
4. Click the first button, this allows you to view the files on your computer before uploading to the server;
5. Enter the location in which you want to store the files, and click the “Next” button. (this referred to as your working directory, “Z”).
6. In the next part, we’ll not be connected to a server;...