1. This question paper consists of 9 pages with 5 sections.
Section A: 20 true/false questions
Section B: 20 multiple choice questions
Section C: 20 matching questions
Section D: 20 fill in the blank questions
Section E: 5 short answer questions
2. Answer ALL questions.
3. The answers for Section A and Section B should be shaded on the OMR sheet.
4. The answers for Section C, D and E should be written on the answer booklet provided.
SECTION A: TRUE / FALSE QUESTIONS (20 MARKS)
Instructions: Answer all the questions in this section. Shade your answers on the OMR sheet.
TRUE = A FALSE = B
1. The economic system featuring characteristics of both planned and market economies is called a mixed economy.
2. One of the most common approaches to formalising ethical business practices within an organisation is to start with top management support.
3. Running a small business takes a lot of hard work, drive, and dedication, and being a successful corporate employee doesn’t necessarily translate into being successful small-business owner.
4. A major advantage of sole proprietorships is unlimited liability.
5. Environmental analysis studies the strengths and weaknesses within a firm, whereas organisational analysis involves scanning the external environmental for threats and weaknesses.
6. Human relations skills are the ability to perform the mechanics of a job.
7. In a decentralised organisation, upper-level managers hold most decision making authority.
8. Service operations are classified according to the extent of customer contact.
9. Evidence suggests that job satisfaction and employee morale may directly affect a company’s performance.
10. The most common method of work-based training is on-the-job training.
11. A strike occurs when workers perform jobs at a slower pace than normal.
12. When making buying decisions, consumers first...