Public perception of Public Relations professionals.
* The importance of it?
* The impacts on the industry?
* Definition: The deliberate, planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain mutual understanding between an organisation (or individual) and its (or their) publics” – PRIA or “The management function which evaluates public attitudes, identifies the policies and procedures of an individual or an organisation with the public interest, and plans and executes a programme of action to earn public understanding and acceptance”.
* Size of public relations industry in Australia
* “Limited data exists regarding the size of the industry in Australia” PRIA
* the Figure of 16,000 is used according to DEET, but some say the figure is closer to 45,000 (if you take professional communication into account) – (I guess this is because PR is still a developing profession…. It has been hard to define over the years and involves a combination of marketing/journalist roles… Define public relations.)
* Public relations is a growing discipline. The ABC says there were 20,700 PR professionals in 2013 and there will be 22,500 by 2018. “Employment for this occupation rose very strongly in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Public Relations Professionals to November 2018 is expected to grow strongly”.
* What is the composition of the PR industry in Australia
* What is the PR industry made up of?
* In house corporations
* “The industry comprises consultancy and in-house practice, across a vast range of specialist areas – media relations, internal communication, publicity and events, government relations, public affairs, crisis and issue management to name a few – in all business sectors including healthcare, financial services, information technology,...