Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is one of the largest bottlers of non-alcoholic ready-to-drink beverages in the Asia-Pacific region and one of the world’s top five Coca-Cola bottlers. CCA employs more than 15,000 people and has access to more than 265 million consumers through over 700,000 active customers (Coca-Cola Amatil website). This report aims to describe briefly main details about the company such as type of business, the names and roles of the directors, the information related to the Auditor, and to analysis sufficiently CCA’s financial statement. Furthermore, another purpose of the report is to illustrate and assess objectively both the corporate governance and the corporate social responsibility of the company.
Part 1: Company details
1. Company name
* Registered office (CCA annual report 2010,pg1)
Level 1, 20 Bridge Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
* Type of business
* Coca-Cola Amatil is an Australian company that bottles and distributes The Coca-Cola Company soft drinks and other beverages in several countries and it is the largest non-alcoholic beverage company in the Pacific Rim (Wikipedia, 2011)
* According to the annual report (pg29), the principal activities of the company and its subsidiaries during the financial year ended in 31 December 2010 were:
* The manufacture, distribution and marketing of carbonated soft drinks, still and mineral waters, fruit juices, coffee and other alcohol-free beverages
* The processing and marketing fruit, vegetables and other food products
* The manufacture and distribution of beer brands and the premium spirit portfolio of global distributor Beam Global Spirits & Wines, by Pacific Beverages Pty Ltd.
2. Directors (CCA annual report 2010)
* David Gonski, Ac
* Chairman, Non-Executive Director (Independent) – Age 57
* He was a solicitor for 10 years with the law firm of Freehills and thereafter a corporate adviser in the firm of Wentworth...